Friday, November 18, 2022

A letter to the one

I still don't know who you are

Are you near or you live so far.

As cliche the rhyme above

I have been waiting for that final love.


But this is my first and final letter to you,

Cause I don't believe real love is true.

I have waited patiently I even went to look

To see where the hell is my guy, searched every book.


I have tried, I failed and then tried again

But finding you is a loss with no gains.

Each one of them took so much and gave nothing

Gave me trauma, fears and a sense of not belonging


It started when I though you were my high-school sweetheart.

But the mother fucker tore my heart apart.

Then my perfect 10 of wasted years,

Got nothing but an endless river of tears.


Took my time since I though he was All Love Is

Him cheating, betrayed and myself... A mess.


I looked for you in all the wrong places,

Some were handsome but many with ugly faces.

Looked for you in different religions

Finding you became an obsession.


Singles, unavailable, married and with kids

I seeked you on the roads and looked under people's beds.

Sportsmen, doctors, bankers and engineers

You are not one of them, are you here?


Tall, short and different ages

First drafts or empty pages.

Are you here or in the land of the dead

Are you real or are you just a thought in my head.


I have looked for you in every book,

Looked everywhere till there was no place to look. 

So I say no more,

This is not what I'm made for.


I would've loved to be love and feel the high

But I'm so damaged I'm way too good at goodbyes

I would've loved to find a home,

Find you and call you my own.


But you're not real,

You're not out there...

So goodbye my unknown lover,

Goodbye for now, goodbye my forever. 


We could've been great,

But it's too late.

I'm too tired of this,

Lucky for you, this is a bliss.

Share: