Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Anyone but an Anna

 Never liked the name,

No one of importance was ever called Anna. 

So when he first mentioned her.

Cared less, since she's just an Anna. 


More than 13 years have passed, 

And now I know an Anna, 

No one of importance still, 

But she thinks she's a Diana. 


Oh Let her live, cause I live,

In being anyone and anything but an Anna.

Something to avoid, a foul to miss.

I will even accept being a Hannah. 


She might have took what once was mine, 

But I won't do it to another woman, not Ana!

No one of importance has ever held, 

The name of a pathetic Anna. 


So I won't settle for the spot of second best, 

I won't compete, 

I will never hold it in my chest,

And do, what was done by once called Anna.


It's been years now, 

I forgot and forgave, 

But one thing I hold with me still, 

Is I'll be anyone, I'll do anything... 

But I won't be an Anna. 

Share: