Sunday, September 27, 2026

Fail to Tale

You hear the shock in passing speech,

a life too strange, too far to reach.

A world you never thought was near,

until it whispered in your ear.


​A mirror voice, a rhyming name,

who turned suspicion to a game.

They mocked the dread inside my chest,

until the nightmare passed the test.


​To strip the truth is suicide—

no shield, no skin in which to hide.

Speak out, and you become the prey,

with vultures feeding through the day.


​Surveillance in a righteous guise,

with casual malice in their eyes.

They lit the fires, played the part,

and left the wreckage at the start.


​Then slipped away to borders new,

to foreign skies and husbands too.

They fled the dirt they left behind,

as if new dirt was hard to find.


​Yet here I stand, without retreat,

upon the ground beneath my feet.

I pulled the plugs, I barred the door,

I don't need mercy anymore.


​A quiet jux to what I knew:

the random tales once told came true.

Now walked off pages, faces, names—

players in their sickened games.

And here I stand: I broke the rule,

no longer prey, no longer fool.

x

Share: